- Water Billing
Learn more about our Town's water future at my-bv.com!
*NEW* Paperless Water Bill Option!
Residents receiving a monthly water bill now have the option to receive bills by email.
There are TWO ways to sign up for paperless water bills:
OPTION ONE: Access the option through your online water bill account.
1. Log in to your online account.
2. Select the "Communications" option on the left navigation.
3. Select the "Email" button, enter and confirm your email address and click "Update".
4. You will receive a confirmation email.
OPTION TWO: Sign up for paperless without creating an online account.
1. Complete and submit the Paperless Water Billing Sign-Up Form.
2. Once the form is submitted, we will manually add the paperless option to your account. Please note it may take a few days for this option to take effect.
How to Pay a Water Bill
There are multiple different ways residents can pay their monthly water bill:
Auto Pay Options:
1. Set up an automatic payment through bank draft. Complete and return the Preauthorized Electronic Withdrawals Form (PDF) with a voided check. Checking account drafts do not have an additional fee and are typically processed on the 18th of each month.
2. Set up an automatic payment on a credit or debit card. Log in or create an online account and enroll in Auto Pay. This option is customer-managed so you can set up the payments to process on your desired date. There is an additional processing fee of $1.25 per transaction.
One-Time Payment Options:
1. Pay with a check. Mail or drop off a check at Town Hall prior to the bill due date each month. A 24/7 payment drop box is located on the sidewalk on the south side of Town Hall.
2. Pay in person with cash or credit card. You may come into Town Hall during business hours to pay with cash or a credit or debit card. There is an additional process fee of 1.5% per transaction for credit and debit cards.
3. Call the automated phone system. Call 1-833-431-1749 to pay by credit or debit card through a secure phone system. This opinion is available 24 hours a day. There is an additional processing fee of $1.25 per transaction.
Water Service Rates
The following water rates went into effect in June 2022. Read the February 2022 Water Rate Study (PDF) that was conducted to determine current service rates.
Water rates listed below do not include the Storm Water Management fees, which total $3.00/month for residential users and $6.00/month for commercial users.
Fire System: $9.22 per month
Qualifying seniors can receive a 25% discount. Please read the Senior Discounted Water Rate Information and Application (PDF) for more details.
|IN-TOWN WATER SERVICE RATES|
|Up to 5,000 gal||Tier 1: Base Fee||$36.87|
|5,001 - 9,999 gal||Tier 2||$3.50 per 1000 gallons|
|10,000 - 19,999 gal||Tier 3||$4.45 per 1000 gallons|
|20,000+ gal||Tier 4||$5.41 per 1000 gallons|
|EXTRATERRITORIAL (OUT-OF-TOWN) WATER SERVICE RATES AT 150%|
|Up to 5,000 gal||Tier 1: Base Fee||$55.31|
|5,001 - 9,999 gal||Tier 2||$5.25 per 1000 gallons|
|10,000 - 19,999 gal||Tier 3||$6.68 per 1000 gallons|
|20,000+ gal||Tier 4||$8.12 per 1000 gallons|
|IVY LEAGUE WATER SERVICE RATES AT 160%|
|Up to 5,000 gal||Tier 1: Base Fee||$58.99|
|5,001 - 9,999 gal||Tier 2||$5.60 per 1000 gallons|
|10,000 - 19,999 gal||Tier 3||$7.12 per 1000 gallons|
|20,000+ gal||Tier 4||$8.66 per 1000 gallons|
Additional Information and Forms
- Preauthorized Electronic Withdrawals Form (PDF) - complete and return to set up checking account bank draft automatic payments
- Renter Agreement Form (PDF) - completed by the property owner for tenants to receive water bills directly
- Drinking Water Quality Report (PDF)