- Code Enforcement
- Common Code Violations
Common Code Violations
Ways You Can Help Improve Our Town
- Properly store inoperable vehicles. These are vehicles that are mechanically unable to move under their own power or that have expired inspection or license tag stickers. They cannot be parked on the street or public rights-of-way, or be visible from beyond the property (screened or enclosed in
- Manage vegetation, shrubs, and other landscaping in order to prevent uncontrolled growth.
- Paint over or remove graffiti.
- Cut vegetation or trees which are obstructing road/street signs, fire hydrants, or rights-of-way.
- Maintain your premises in a clean and neat condition from the middle of your alley up to and including the street, curb, and gutters.
- Dispose of litter and debris correctly.
- Containerize litter and garbage securely.
- Remove trash containers from alleys on non-collection days.
- Correct existing and known nuisances.
- Collect rubbish, filth, scattered trash, and garbage.
- Dispose of inoperable appliances and furniture as soon as possible.
- Repair or maintain dilapidated structures.
- Remove fire hazards of any type.
- Eliminate any debris which could harbor rats, mice, and other vermin.
- Do not post notices on trees, utility poles, or traffic signs.
- Remove garage/yard sale signs and other signs immediately after the event.
- Post your house number so that it can be seen from the street.
- Keep fences maintained and in good condition.
- Do not place obstructions in the town right-of-way. This includes alleys, sidewalks
- Do not dump anywhere except the County landfill (severe fines imposed for this offense).
- Do not blow grass cuttings or trash in the street, alleys, gutters or storm drains.
- All signs need to be permitted before they are erected.
- Animal feces should not be allowed to accumulate. Droppings should be cleaned up daily. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up feces deposited by their pets on others' properties, as well as in public parks.
- Keep sidewalks and other rights-of-way free from snow and ice.
- Pick up litter on or around your property.
Be a good neighbor!
- Keep your property maintained.
- If you happen to notice that your neighbor is having difficulty in maintaining their property (mowing, shoveling snow, etc.), offer to help them out. Sometimes your neighbor may have physical or financial challenges that prevent them from performing some tasks.
Together we can make Buena Vista an even better place to live!