- Boards & Commissions
- Recreation Advisory Board
Recreation Advisory Board
The Recreation Advisory Board meetings are open to the public, and we encourage you to join in the conversation to better understand the duties and responsibilities of this board.
Recreation Advisory Board Mission/Vision Statement:
The Recreation Board is a volunteer group of local citizens who voice the community’s recreation needs to the Recreation Department, Town Administration, and Board of Trustees. Their vision is based on the belief that physical well-being is a cornerstone to a vibrant community and a high quality of life.
Their mission is to enrich the lives of the Buena Vista residents and guests through recreation. They aim to accomplish this goal through programming, advising on new facilities and upkeep of existing facilities, facilitating communication and collaboration with citizens/town staff, and supporting community events.
Recreation Advisory Board Responsibilities:
- Recreation Advisory Board duties are to make recommendations to the Recreation Department and Trustees regarding the operation, improvement, and maintenance of the Town’s recreation programs and facilities, and to bring to the attention of the Board of Trustees any matter pertaining to the Town’s recreation programs and facilities. As a voice of the community, board members are expected to bridge dialogue between town government and our citizens. When applicable, additional duties may include engaging as a point person on special projects to assist and mentor through the process.
- The Recreation Advisory Board has seven (7) voting members and two (2) alternates will be appointed by the Board of Trustees. The Recreation Advisory Board also includes the recreation staff and a designated Board of Trustees member, both of whom serve as non-voting ex officio members.
- Recreation Advisory Board guiding documents: Recreation Master Plan, River Park Master Plan.
- Please email the Recreation Supervisor with any questions.
The Recreation Advisory Board meets on the third Wednesday of each month, alternating between 7:30 am meeting times and 6:00 pm meeting times at the Community Center (715 East Main Street).
|Wednesday, January 18, 2023 - 6:00 PM||Wednesday, February 15, 2023 - 7:30 AM||Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 6:00 PM|
|Wednesday, April 19, 2023 - 7:30 AM||Wednesday, May 17, 2023 - 6:00 PM||Wednesday, June 21, 2023 - 7:30 AM|
|Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - 6:00 PM||Wednesday, August 16, 2023 - 7:30 AM||Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 6:00 PM|
|Wednesday, October 18, 2023 - 7:30 AM||Wednesday, November 15, 2023 - 6:00 PM||Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 7:30 AM|