Codes and Fees
The Buena Vista Municipal Code consists of the codified ordinances of the town. An up-to-date hard copy of the code is on file with the Town Clerk and may be inspected during regular business hours. Please note that the current code book does not include ordinances passed after the print date.
Chapter 15 covers annexations, Chapter 16 addresses zoning, Chapter 17 contains the development code, and Chapter 18 outlines building regulations. Other useful resources are listed below. If you have any questions regarding Code interpretation as it pertains to development projects, please contact our Planning Department.
Land Use and Development Guidelines
- Comprehensive Plan (PDF) - outlines the community's vision for the next 10 years.
- Development Standards and Specifications (PDF)
- Planting Guide (PDF) - assists with the landscaping requirements outlined in the Municipal Code
- Zoning Map (PDF)
Zone District Summaries
- HC: Highway Commercial District (PDF)
- I-1: Light Indistrial District (PDF)
- MU-1: Mixed-Use One District (PDF)
- MU-2: Mixed-Use Two District (PDF)
- MU-MS: Mixed-Use Main Street District (PDF)
- R-1: Low-Density Residential District (PDF)
- R-1 OT: Low-Density Residential District with Old Town Overlay (PDF)
- R-2: General Residential District (PDF)
- R-2 OT: General Residential District with Old Town Overlay (PDF)
- R-3: High-Density Residential District (PDF)
- R-3 OT: High-Density Residential District with Old Town Overlay (PDF)
(The link above will take you to an external website. Please select '2015' at the top of that page.)
For questions pertaining to the IBC, please call the Chaffee County Building Department at 719-539-2124.
Please contact the Fire Inspector with any questions at 719-395-6545.