Building Permits

You will be required to obtain a building permit for all residential or commercial and multi-use family building projects.

The Town of Buena Vista does not have an internal Building Department. Instead, it contracts out to Chaffee County. The County reviews building regulations; the Town reviews planning and zoning matters as they relate to your project.

You will need both a Town Building Permit and a County Building Permit to proceed with your project. Please begin your project by submitting the appropriate Town Building Permit to the Planning Department at Town Hall. This will give staff an opportunity to become familiar with your project and to answer any initial questions you may have.

Follow the appropriate links for more information:

Type Definition
Commercial / Multi-Family Building Permit For all commercial and multi-family building projects
Residential Building Permit For all residential building projects